During and after menopause, women can experience a number of changes that reduce vaginal function and sexual pleasure. Laxity of vaginal tissues, vaginal dryness, stress incontinence: all these symptoms become more common with age.
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy
One option is bioidentical hormone replacement therapy. As you go through menopause, your body produces less estrogen and progesterone, which can have a number of side effects including hot flashes, a disrupted sleep cycle, weight gain, and changes in mood.
Menopause is different for every woman. For some, it is mild enough not to require treatment. But for others, symptoms can be so severe that it may be advisable to supplement the hormones your body is no longer making with regular pills, patches, or injections.
If you are experiencing any vaginal symptoms, hormone replacement therapy may mitigate them by stabilizing your estrogen and progesterone levels. Before embarking on this treatment, consult with your doctor to measure your hormone levels and assess whether it is needed.
Thank you so much for providing such wonderful service! Dr. South was very friendly and knowledgeable and provided me with an exceptional experience.Former Patient
I am a long-time patient with Dr. South and the wellness center. Above all Dr. South and his wonderful staff have given me hope for a healthy, vital, and beautiful path to follow on my way to a brighter future. There are not enough stars.Patricia
If you are a good candidate for laser hair removal I highly recommend this place.Bourbon S.
Another option is RF therapy. This involves the use of radiofrequency energy to stimulate tissue growth and collagen formation in the vaginal walls. Old tissue is replaced with newer, rejuvenated tissue, with a corresponding restoration of sexual function.
Among the symptoms that RF therapy can alleviate:
- Laxity: The vagina is tightened, which eliminates sagging and makes intercourse more comfortable.
- Dryness: Rejuvenated vaginal skin is softer and thicker.
- Sexual Dysfunction: The vagina’s sensitivity is improved, and muscular contractions during orgasm are strengthened.
- Stress Incontinence: Firmer vaginal tissue reduces the probability of leakages and accidents.
A reduction of vaginal functioning is normal after menopause, but there are many things we can do to address your symptoms. Contact Premier Wellness and Aesthetics Center if you are in need of vaginal rejuvenation.
- We Are Passionate About Pursuing Wellness Through Inner & Outer Health
- Each Patient Receives Personalized & Individualized Care
- We've Practiced Medicine Over 20 Years